Improve Your Health and Well-Being with Acupuncture Treatments
Over the past two-thousand centuries, the Chinese have identified more than a thousand acupoints. The effectiveness of acupuncture depends on the acupuncturist having the skill, experience, knowledge, and means of diagnosis to target the precise points along the meridian pathways that require treatment. At his practice in Poway, CA, Dr. Bret Mosher has devoted nearly four decades to mastering the art and science of acupuncture. He has dedicated his professional life to honing his abilities. As a result, and with the support of advanced diagnostic tools, he is able to identify with remarkable accuracy the acupoints to target in treating any number of conditions through acupuncture.
Acupuncture has been used in the treatment of pain, disease, and other health problems for centuries, with consistently excellent results. Although its usefulness as a healing modality has met with skepticism among some practitioners of western medicine, its efficacy has stood up to intense clinical scrutiny. In other words, acupuncture works.
Conditions Treated by Acupuncture
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized acupuncture as an effective treatment of many common disorders, including:
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders - toothaches, earaches, sinusitis, rhinitis, laryngitis
- Respiratory Disorders - the common cold, 'flu, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, emphysema
- Gastrointestinal Disorders - food allergies, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers, colitis
- Circulatory Disorders - hypertension, high cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris
- Urogenital Disorders - cystitis, stress incontinence, neurogenic bladder, prostatitis, prostatic hypertrophy
- Gynecological Disorders - menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, infertility, menopausal syndrome
- Musculoskeletal Disorders - tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, sciatica, low back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Psychoemotional and Neurological Disorders - depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, intercostal neuralgia, post-stroke paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus
The WHO notes that acupuncture has shown therapeutic effects in treating other conditions, as well; however, its efficacy in treating the above-listed procedures has been proven through controlled clinical trials.
Other Conditions Treated by Acupuncture
At Mosher Health, we use acupuncture as an essential therapeutic component in the treatment of nearly any condition that can affect the human body. These conditions include:
After meeting to discuss your symptoms, Dr. Mosher will customize a treatment plan that addresses your goals and your unique biochemical expression.
A Customized Treatment Plan
In many cases, acupuncture is the primary course of treatment; however, it is rarely the sole course of treatment. Its effectiveness is generally increased by adjunct therapies such as cupping, moxibustion, herbal supplements, a prescribed diet, and structural alignment. Dr. Mosher will customize a treatment plan that addresses your goals and your unique biochemical expression. In all likelihood, acupuncture will be one part - albeit an essential part - of a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach to treatment.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about the conditions that are commonly treated by acupuncture, and to find out how you could benefit from acupuncture from your specific condition, please contact us online or by phone at (858) 679-2995 to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Mosher. We welcome patients from throughout North County and the rest of San Diego.